Saturday, October 08, 2005

Proton Savvy ..............another blunder

Tested the new Proton Savvy the other day.
The Look & Design- frankly I like the front & side profile especially the headlamp ....but the back is a disaster I call it a "overcooked" look with too many lines and detailing. Maybe input from the top guns who don't know what the market wants. Hello look at the Suzuki Swift 2005 and you will know what I mean http://www.suzuki.net.my/. Either the whole design team had to be sacked or the head honcho got to go. The rest is history..........If I was the CEO I will not be too clever just modify people design that can sell. On the other hand Savvy is much better than Arena ....best seller in Australia? how many sold there I don't knowlah....... and the other one "the square box" mini MPV is a total joke. Now I remember Juara. In my opinion Gen2 is Proton best looking car but the interior is crap! Hello we have six footers here in Malaysia. I think the seating cushion can be moulded lower to get another 2-3 inches clearance. Tell me how r u going to sell to orang putih!
You guys failed me time and again.......no wonder I am still driving a Wira 1.6i Aeroback for the last 10 years !!!!! First impression sell Proton! I hope you do not mess up your next car - a MPV I wish. Look at Avanza a bit wider, Zafira same there, Caren almost perfect or Grand Scenic perfect but not the price Don't look at Suzuki APV or Innova lousy. Please do ask a professional to conduct a market survey and get to know your target market - family man is always the biggest market!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Engine - another Renault engine. The stigma of ....Tiara...... still lingers. Hai ya never learn from your mistake. No wonder got sack. I test driven the manual ........the stiff shift gear and clutch was totally strenous and underpowered. No wonder there is no auto transmission as yet .................. My wife's Fiat Punto fares better. I think the car is much too heavy for the 1.2 litre powerhouse. If cannot modify the Campro engine to VVTI go buy one blueprint or colloborate to build. Don't get second hand technology no matter how cheap.

2 thumbs down

TUV - what a waste of money...... everything check ya! What gimmick is this. The cabin feel cranky with squecking sound from dashboard to the back ...... though I must admit the car feel - well built but the sound proofing is a total letdown. Worse you can hear the engine revving noisily to pull the car. This is not acceptable ...... Proton buckle up and don't blame your failures on the AP.

2 thumbs down plus 1 big toe

Anything good about the car you ask .......................3 years warranty but its a losing proposition for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home