Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Food for Thought - Popiah


The Star newspaper had an article on one of my favorite food THE POPIAH.

My favorite is the "Taiping popiah" which crabmeat is used which was once selling at Alisan food court at Semua House Mesjid India KL area. There was also a stall by the son in Taman Megah which I stumble upon. I can finish 4 rolls at one go. Any of you guys know where are they now. Hello out there!!!!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeese help.

The McAlister road in Penang is another good one with similar crabmeat ingredient but not as sweet as the above. I have tried the Swatow Lane's popiah ...........not bad but not really that good either. I prefer the pasembur prawn fritters there and the fruit rojak

The other one that I frequent now is the Sisters Popiah at Imbi Market. They have now franchised their recipe and you can get it in several shopping complexes. Theirs is the crunchy type with fresh cucumber and the sauce is like the Chee Cheong Fun's. RM1.50 a piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home