Monday, December 26, 2005

Birdie in the Wild Series 1


Bird watching at home Any body knows the species.


Sunbird I think. Their beak is unique to collect nectar? I saw it chasing after honey bees. You tell me. The size of the bird is about 3-4 inches in length. I was about 15 feet away with my EF 75-300mm IS USM lens. Setting was f 5.6 iso1600 speed 1/400. Cropped




Starling related to the myna or cuckoo? I understand it is a migratory bird. I guess from the northern hemisphere winter season. I sighted 3 pairs of them at our residential enclave. They were feeding on the fruits of the yellow palms. It's eyes are red instead of yellow that I have seen on other website. This one just flew into my view just 10 feet from me as I was focussing on the palm fruits. This guy was about 6 inches in length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home