Monday, March 06, 2006

Birdies in the Wild Series 15 - Tanjung Tuan


During the Raptor Watch in PD last weekend I managed to sight a few new birds al least for me. The first one is the Common Golden backed Woodpecker. It amazing when you sight one in real life and not in books. It flew overhead and perched on a tree about 50 ft high. Curious bugger looking over all the birders down there. My 300mm lens cannot get a good closeup shot but suffice as record of sighting.

The other one I caught is the spider hunter looking for insects amongst palm tree blossoms. Looks like it caught something!

One of the guy I chat up said he managed to photograph 20 different species in a morning session. He uses EF100-400mm F4 L IS USM lens. I did try out his lens and man it focus fast and its picture sharper than my EF75-300mm. See the swallow shot below as compared to mine in the previous series

1 Comments:

Blogger mike kan said...

My Fraser Hill birding photos will be up soon do drop in again

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home